One-to-one tuition for £120 half day/£240 full day.
Suitable for children aged 6-8 years old.
In this course students will use a highly accessible coding language to design their own creations, from games to graphics to apps.
This course uses Scratch, a colourful and interactive language created by MIT to explain coding concepts to young children. At camp, we offer two levels of this course; Level 1 for children who are just starting out on their coding journey, and Level 2 for more experienced Scratch coders who are ready for the training wheels to come off. Based on your child's age and experience, our tutor will decide which level of content is most appropriate and continue to assess this throughout your sessions.
Past Scratch projects have included making games with their own characters, creating incredible artwork through code, and programming a spaceship. This course also introduces students to robotics through fun activities, and hands-on experiments with robots that can dance, move and even ‘see’ colour.
Students will leave each session with new key programming knowledge, improved problem-solving skills, and a finished project to show off to friends and family.
- Introduction to computational concepts such as algorithms, conditionals and loops.
- Logical reasoning and problem-solving skills
- Programming with a block-based language
- Confidence and knowledge in using computing equipment, such as inputs and outputs
- Programming and animating sprites
- How to create animations and games