Salary: £27,000 - £30,000
Location: Hybrid - will be required to come in for Quarterly Meetings, Teacher Observations, Recruitment fairs and on other ad-hoc bases where needed. (1 day a week)
Blueshift Education is the premier go-to resource for London schools and parents, providing coding clubs, camps, online classes and private tuition for creative and curious children aged 5 to 14. We also host a range of corporate workshops for older keen learners.
About the position:
We’re looking for a smart and reliable individual to join our team who can assist in managing our growing teacher community. The ideal candidate will have experience working in the education industry and will be familiar with the needs of students, teachers, and parents. The position is a fast-paced, multi-faceted role where you will be working with colleagues to develop our teacher community and manage the staffing of our clubs, camps, and online classes. You will report directly to the Head of Operations.
A little bit about BlueShift Education ...
Our mission is to empower students to become “creators” of technology rather than “consumers”. We are a young, dynamic company based in West London and have a dedicated community of 50+ teachers that we connect to parents, schools and children.
- Empowerment: We want to foster a sense of self-belief; to empower everyone to be creators and educated users of technology.
- Positivity: Our teachers aim to inspire our students and engage them. We approach our work with positivity and encourage resilience.
- Inclusivity: We strive towards equality of access to education for everyone and to create a classroom and work environment that feels inclusive.
- Creativity: We teach our students to question technology, to innovate and to think independently about how they might build a better future.
- Community: We value empathy, respect and teamwork. Our classrooms and workspaces are places to share knowledge and support one another.
Role and Responsibilities:
Recruitment and onboarding
- Manage recruitment of teaching and non-teaching roles, placements, internships etc throughout the year.
- Attend recruitment fairs, manage job adverts, and manage recruitment partners.
- Progressing applicants through the whole recruitment cycle. You will filter through applications, interview and onboard candidates.
- Processing DBS applications and Right to Work checks.
- Adding new starters to the relevant systems.
- Utilising the HR system to gather and store documents for all staff.
- Writing policy, handbooks and contracts as per company needs and requirements.
- Managing and updating contracts and policies, ensuring compliance.
- Create escalation procedures and channels for all employees to use.
- Issuing contracts to new starters.
- Tracking progress of staff training and ensuring all staff complete relevant training modules.
Teacher training and development
- Ensuring teaching staff complete relevant training.
- Rolling out new and updated training materials.
- Leading teacher appraisals and KPIs.
- Monitoring teacher performance.
- Managing teacher training materials on our LMS / HR system.
- Helping schedule teachers for clubs, camps, tuition, and other work opportunities.
- Finding cover staff where required.
- Engage with the teacher community to improve our services by conducting appraisals and teacher observations.
- Be responsible for communication between teachers and the office team.
- Organise events/socials.
- Supporting matching teaching staff with private tuition clients.
- Ensuring teachers keep their booking availability up to date.
- Collecting student feedback from teaching staff.
- Allocating teaching staff to support customer queries and marketing needs.
- Assist the Head of Education and Head of Operations with tasks and duties.
- Assist in answering the phone at busy times.
- Assist the Operations Manager with coordinating After School Clubs.
- A positive attitude.
- The successful candidate will be very organised, proactive and able to prioritise.
- Ability to deal with customer queries effectively and empathetically.
- Great written and oral communication skills.
- Keen interest in the EdTech sector.
- Personable and resourceful.
- Excellent administrative and planning skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Skilled and confident user of IT software.
- An innovative and collaborative approach to solving problems.
- Previous experience in Recruitment, HR, Training or Education.
- Experience in using HR and Learning Management software.
- Experience using Slack.
- Ability to work flexible hours to support the business needs
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays (including a day off on your birthday!)
- Remote/flexible working opportunities
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Access to a range of discounts through Bright Exchange
- Amazing modern office space in West London
- Fantastic experience working in an exciting, fast-growing, ed-tech start-up!
- A collaborative, dynamic work environment
- Submit CV
- Complete a video task
- Phone interview with Senior Manager
- Short competency task
- Final interview with Head of Operations